Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ddong-Chim

This is something rather strange about being in a completely different culture - different standards are used for judging what is funny and what is completely not okay. In this case, I'm talking about the ddong-chim (literally, "poop needle"), a popular prank for little kids to play in Korea. In Japan they call it kancho. It involves putting your two index fingers together and poking someone in the butt hole when they are not looking. The first time a kindergartener did it to me I was surprised to say the least.

Though it seems really weird to us, you should compare it to giving someone a wedgie, or a solid poke in the ribs. Its something cartoon characters do on Saturday morning cartoons.


Here is a hilarious video about the practice in Japan. I laughed so hard I literally made myself sick.

If you are interested in kancho/ddong-chim and Flower Sensei's tutorial did not fully answer all your questions, here is a tutorial from Kancho University on the correct technique.

1 comment: