Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pictures from Japan

Okay, this will be the last post about Japan for a while. Here are the pictures I promised.

Photobucket
Erin and I on a ferry to Megijima Island.

Photobucket
These are our 'Oni faces', 'Oni' being demon in Japanese. This island was famous for its caves which were supposed to house evil spirits. At least, that is until Momotaro, the Peach Boy, a famous folk hero, came to kill them all.

Photobucket
This is me posing as Momotaro. That is my 'Oni vanquishing' face. Not to be confused with my 'Oni face'.

Photobucket
A typical train station in Japan. Its looks just like it is portrayed in every anime I've ever seen. Well, the ones that take place in Japan. We took the train everywhere.

Photobucket
those are octopus traps lying in a heap there. I found them very interesting.

Photobucket
Taking a rest on our island tour. I guess you can't tell but it was really hot.

Photobucket
A Shinto shrine in Erin's neighborhood. Right next to the car dealership and the dentist.

Photobucket
eating ramen in Japan. How much more Japanese could you get? It was delicious.

Photobucket
the beautiful lotus blossoms. I wish I could have taken a thousand more pictures of them.

Photobucket
Erin and I feeding the turtles and fish at the gardens.

Photobucket
this is how I got bit by a turtle. It didn't hurt, really, it was just surprising.

Photobucket
Me, chillin' like a villain at a local Shinto shrine.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Me in my yukata.

Photobucket
Erin's ghetto dojo

Photobucket
Erin and her sensei discussing her black belt certificate.

Photobucket
Erin showing her fellow martial artists.

Photobucket
My constant traveling companion, Miguel Sanchez, has a solitary moment by a rice field.

1 comment:

  1. Emily - wow, what a story! I loved it, and the pictures. You look beautiful in the kimono, but my favorite is the ramen-eating pic! And congrats to Erin on getting her black belt. You would be an AMAZING FSO or anything else you want - your writing skills are superb, and your photography skils aren't half bad either! You are my smart and beautiful daughter, and I love you! Keep writing this great blog and posting pics. Love you!

    ReplyDelete