Friday, April 8, 2011

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish

So I guess that's it for this blog. Writing a blog is very strange because it's like pouring words into a vacuum. Intellectually, I know that there are real people reading this blog, but on another level, I feel like I'm shooting off diatribes into space, hoping that someone will one day read it.

I don't know how I would have traveled by myself in a time without internet. It makes me feel connected with the world at large. For a couple days, when I didn't have access, I felt massively isolated like there was so much going on that I didn't know about. Maybe this makes me less of a true traveler than some other, off-the-grid, hardcore backpacker, but I think it gives me an advantage in a lot of ways. My perceptions are influenced by the world around me and therefor accessible to others who have the same base knowledge. If I just existed in this bubble of my own making, I'd probably come out speaking Moon Speak.

If I do start another blog for another journey, it will be posted here as well as on my facebook. And many of my readers know me personally, or know a relative of mine, so you will probably get an earful through the grapevine. Thank you everyone for reading and for being so encouraging about my endeavors.

My plans for now are to stay in the D.C. area, at least until the end of the year. I have a summer job lined up and I hope I will be able to get a job in September that is worthwhile and challenging. I can't say how long that will take - especially in this economy - but I have nothing but optimism for the future. I have a whole new life to build for myself and, even though I know its going to be hard, I think I am up to the challenge.

Thanks again for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment