Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bummed

Korean Thanksgiving, called Chusok, is in September and it is one of the holidays that my boss deems important enough to give us time off. Chusok is the Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday next week and our boss had graciously given us that Monday off (but not Friday) to keep us from rebelling. Well, that was barely enough time to do anything so I decided that I wouldn't go abroad and just stay in Korea soaking in some jjimjjilbang somewhere.

But, then, out of the goodness of her heart, our illustrious boss gave us Friday off too. She told us yesterday. When all plane tickets out of the country are at least double what they were a week ago. I really shouldn't be complaining about this, I understand. But I can't help it. I've wanted to go see Angkor Wat forever and now was the perfect time. Its a five hour plane flight away. But by now the tickets are in the region of $800-$1000 - in other words, way too expensive.

Lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment