Saturday, September 18, 2010

Children in Hanboks

Despite my annoyance about having my holiday plans severely limited, I couldn't stay in a bad mood Friday when all the kindergateners came dressed in their Chusok finest. Every single one of them (except Kris who forgot and moped about it all day) came dressed head to toe in the traditional Hanbok. They were absolutely adorable! I certainly wasn't expecting it and I am so glad I just happened to have brought my camera.

Photobucket

To the left you have Abigail, Paul, and Lukas. 3/5ths of my Apricot class.

Photobucket

Paul and Abigail being all cute.

Photobucket

Kids being cute.

Photobucket

Those skirts are a pain in the butt.

Photobucket
Kevin getting his shoes adjusted.

Photobucket
In class

Photobucket
Photobucket
P.E. class

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Playing traditional Korean games

Photobucket
cute

Photobucket
Me in my Hanbok

Photobucket
Lucy, Lynn and I

Photobucket
Lynn, Sean, William, and I.

Photobucket
getting ready for a picture

Photobucket
Picture!

Photobucket
making some sort of Korean sweet. It was duk (which is basically rice made the consistency of marshmallows) with a center of chopped peanuts and sugar. Pretty good.

Photobucket
A guy with traditional instruments came to show the kids and then he made us all play. Here is the way-gook band.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Lynn, Mrs. Kim, and I started a band. We're thinking about going on tour.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Kid bands.

1 comment:

  1. These pics are great! The children are adorable and so are you in your traditional outfit. Can't wait to see your band when you go on tour! What have you named the band?!

    Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete